UNVEILING OUR BREAKING LIMITS HERITAGE IN THE WORD – Part 2
By Pastor Isaac Folaji on 9 Feb 2020
“But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed- James 1:25”
God’s word is the mirror of life for the redeemed . Dropping everything else and embracing the word, is the only way that it can profit us. God’s word can rescue us from shame, poverty and joblessness, as it shows us who we are, what we have and what we can do in Christ. There is really no limit around the life of the redeemed because we ultimately become God's indomitable image, according to 2nd Corinthians 3:8. The power to effect lasting and permanent change is in the word of God.( James 1:21-25)
WHAT DOES GOD SAY ABOUT US IN THE BIBLE?
- Every child of God is redeemed a fruitful vine and not a barren field:. Every child of God is a fruitful personality. To be fruitful means you have the capacity to reproduce, ability to bring forth and to have something to show for your efforts (Psalm 1:3). For single ladies for instance, the bible says God puts the solitary in families and that wives of the righteous are fruitful vines, with children surrounding their table.All you have to do is believe it so you can live it.(Psalm 1:3, Psalm 128:1-5, Psalm 68:6)
- We are redeemed as lively stones, to command Dominion: What is the big deal about stones? Among others, stones do not get sick, that's why the Word says that sickness will never survive in your body again. Jesus is the chief cornerstone, according to Matthew 21:41-45 and in that same scripture, we learn the fate of anyone or anything that comes against a stone.
- We are redeemed as ambassadors of Christ to command dignity: You are Christ’s ambassador, representing the interest of heaven on earth. You are a heavenly citizen and as such, only what is obtainable in heaven is allowed to happen in your life. The honour, protection and supply of heaven, which is your home country, answer to you and no one is permitted to harass or molest you. Now, let's look at it this way...Nigerian authorities cannot invade the US Embassy in Nigeria because it is a violation of the territorial integrity of the US. As an ambassador of Christ, your house, your body is Christ’s Embassy, the high commission of heaven on earth. Unauthorized people, situations and conditions are not allowed. This means that you have the authority to silence unwanted issues around your life. trespassers are not allowed. But remember, as an ambassador of Christ, you are a diplomat, and as a diplomat, there is something called diplomatic etiquette. Carry yourself as a diplomat.(2 Corinthians 5:18-20)
- We are redeemed as seeds of Abraham, for generational impact: A seed of Abraham has what it takes to impact globally. But for you to have that global impact, start locally. From the place you are right now, start behaving like Abraham, a generous soul, a liberal soul, a hospitable soul. Abraham was eager and excited to give the little he had. He was always flowing out to others. If you are a seed of Abraham, do the works of Abraham, start from where you are. A seed of Abraham is not a collector but a blessing. Think so, talk so, act so and you will experience so.( Galatians 3:29 Genesis 22:17-18)
ACCESSING GOD’S PLAN FROM HIS WORD
- We must continue to walk in the Spirit (Galatian 5:25). Prioritize spiritual things- tasks, relationships, places - and place them above the secular. Be involved in soul winning . Many want their spiritual heritage to come to pass but they do not prioritize spiritual things. Focus on the things God says matter to him, for instance, soul winning. There is no greater assignment than soul winning because it makes to God purge you, and it causes celebration in heaven (John 15:2, Luke 15:10). God is too big to be anywhere other than number one on your list.
- Be guided by the Spirit: One must remain committed to the guidance of the Spirit (Isaiah 48:17-21). Do not lead yourself, do not be the one to decide who you marry, for example, as you will most likely pick wrongly. Do not let the enemy lead you either because he will surely lead you to destruction (Proverbs 14:12, 16:25).
God ordained marriage for his children who desire it, because it is good. Do not join the class or company of those who say marriage is not good or that it is up and down (Genesis 2:18).
Our father God is a Marriage maker- Genesis 2:18, Psalm 68:6.
WHAT IT TAKES TO ACTUALIZE OUR GLORIOUS MARITAL DESTINY
- Remain in love with God: All things must surely work together for good for lovers of God If you love God you will be serving God and while you are doing so, you will meet another person who is serving God. If you are a lover of God you will be around the places of God. Even if you are married if you are a lover of God you will love the word of God, you will love the things of God and that will make meaning in your life. Whatever God tells you to do, you will do as a man and as a wife and because all things work together, when you marry and have children, your children will not be wayward. When they see you demonstrate your love for God, either as a father or mother, they will naturally follow suit(. Romans 8:28).
Indeed all things - marriage, children, business, career, ministry - will be working when you are a lover of God. Also, God releases wisdom to his married lovers to handle issues that generate problems in marriages. Consider this simple logic; a lover of God is a soul winner, a soul winner is wise, according to Proverbs 11:30 and a wise person will handle matters (including marital matters) wisely, and benefit from it (Proverbs 16:20).
So love God and remember to stay in love with Him. Solomon loved God but because he did not stay in love, he began to love strange women and that led to his downfall.
- Beware of pride: Proverbs 29:23 says a man's pride will reduce him. This means that someone whom God has ordained not to be assaulted can become a toy in the hands of the enemy because he is too proud. So resist pride, either as single or as married. Many become proud because of their parents' achievements and so allow that to determine who they marry. They forget that their parents were not at the present enviable level when they got married, but built success together. Flee pride, it can turn good to evil, as is the case with Satan.
- Believe in God and His prophet: Hosea 12:13 says, “By a prophet the Lord brought Israel out of Egypt, and by a prophet was it preserved." Satan has organized marital frustration for some, through diabolical means, curses and spells. God sends His messengers and through their proclamations; curses, enchantments and spell are broken, heralding freedom from all marital frustrations.
Remain Ever Blessed!!! Jesus is Lord!!!