Engaging the Power of Faith for Fulfilment of Prophecies
-by Pastor Adegoke Cole
All through the month of February we have been looking at the “THE POWER OF FAITH FOR FULFILMENT OF PROPHECIES “. Prophecies are the unfolding of God’s plans and purpose for either an individual, a people or a nation. It was also emphasized that prophecies are always good.
The Bible says that every good and perfect gift comes from God, making prophecies positive. Also, Jeremiah 29:11 teaches us that God’s thoughts, His intentions, for us are of peace.
Another translation says His thoughts are to help us fare well in life. Anything called prophecy, which is negative is not God. God might identify a challenge, but prophecy will proffer a solution to that challenge. Therefore we must beware of evil prophecies.
Prophecies from God come via three major channels which are:
1. The Bible (written prophecies)
2. Personal Encounters – via personal prayers, word study and meditations. We also have encounters with God directly in dreams, trances and visions (Genesis 12:1-3, Exodus 3: 1-10).
3. God-sent Prophets: However, for any prophecy, the source not withstanding, to be fulfilled, faith is needed. The subject of faith is the most important in the life of every man.
In Matthew17:18 the disciples, having struggled to cast out a demon, came to Jesus and asked why they could not do it. After rebuking the devil and setting the child free, Jesus told them it was because of unbelief, which is, lack or insufficiency of faith.
This makes unbelief the first diagnosis of every man’s challenge. At another time, Jesus asked a man if he believed in Him and the man’s response was, “Lord, I believe; help thou my unbelief. So faith always produces a good report and engenders turnaround, no matter how long. It really never fails.
Therefore we must have faith and trust in God because God speaks, according to His creative power. That is why we call Him “The Creator” because He speaks the non-existent into existence.
This characteristic of God is played out vividly in Genesis chapter one where He created all via His word. So His words are naturally creative.
For example, He said, “Let there be light” and there was light. Believing in this Almighty creative ability of God means that even though you may have nothing to show, the word of God will create whatever you lack for you.
We also know that God speaks according to His creative capacity, meaning that He is not limited by man’s resources.
Remember in 2nd Kings chapter 7, when God spoke through Elijah, saying, “To morrow at about this time…”,, he said so, despite the inadequacy of the resources available at that time.
So, stop considering the environment or prevailing circumstances, look instead, up to God and connect to Him via His word. Hebrews 11:3 and Romans 4:17 further buttress this by telling us that the “world’s were framed by the word of God…”, and that God “calleth those things which be not as though they were.”
God can also speak to us according to His unlimited resources: Imagine the resources God put together to form the heavens and the earth! What kind of resources do you think he has? The man who mockingly doubted the prophecy In 2nd Kings 7:1-20 did so, based on the limitedness of his mind and the prevailing situation, whereas God, who spoke the prophecy, did so based on His unlimited flow of resources.
HOW FAITH FACILITATES FULFILLMENT OF PROPHECY:
1. The faith that will see prophecy fulfilled must be sustained to the end. Remember in Haggai 2:4 the Bible talks about how the prophetic word, the vision of God, is for an appointed time, saying that at the end it shall speak.
In other words, every prophetic word has a time frame for fulfillment and it means that at the time God has set it, it shall come to pass. So those who hold unto the prophetic word to the end are the ones that will see the fulfillment.
This is exactly what Hebrews 10:38 means by saying, “…if any man draws back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.” Faith simply means trusting God to the end. Faith in God is sure to deliver and settle all challenges of life. Hold unto God till the end.
2. Just like Abraham, we must not stagger or waver in doubt, at the promise of God (Romans 4:20-21). Seeking man’s help or looking unto people is proof you are staggering at the promise of God. Do not waver, no matter how difficult the situation.
3. We must remain confident in the validity of the prophetic word (Hebrews 10:35-36). Your confidence in God will be rewarded.
4. We must be at peace with God and with ourselves (Exodus 14:14, Philippians 4:6-7). Peace is a function of faith and confidence in God. Staying peaceful in the face of the raging storms of life shows there is something bigger that you are resting on. Faith works with rest and so whenever there is agitation, it is a sign of little faith. Being at peace in the midst of turbulence makes resources supernaturally available.
5. Faith demands that we must continue to rejoice inspite of contrary happenings. Perhaps no other scripture better highlights this than Habakkuk 3:17-19. You must stop allowing your situation determine your attitude. Rejoice always, bearing in mind that God had already spoken before the challenge and that no situation will make Him change His mind (…my covenant will I not break nor alter the words that come out of my mouth).
All marital challenges such as delays and all forms of crisis are oppressions of the powers of darkness (Matthew 13:20). Marital crises are purely the handwork of the enemy, a fight against principalities, as we see from Ephesians 6:12.
However, light from God, often via His word, is the key to shattering every kind of darkness because an encounter with light leads to revelation which is a vital key in overcoming marital crisis (Psalm 107:20).
Light is not assumed, but encountered through the knowledge of the word. Thus it brings about transformation because knowledge without transformation is fake.
Peace in a home can only be experienced and sustained if couples have in-depth knowledge of themselves. So subscribe to more light through continuous Counseling, rather than living in the assumption that you have an understanding of who your spouse is.
Remember that a peaceful home is important for everyone, even pastors. For example, a pastor without a peaceful home will always lack anointing because after he leaves the altar, he goes home.
Your home is to be enjoyed, not endured and so If you are not enjoying it, go for light! Jesus makes a wonderful invitation to us all in Matthew 11:28-29, by asking us to come and learn of Him, in order to find rest, peace and joy.
For the unmarried, one vital key in locating a good partner is to be a resourceful person. You have to be the best because every man or woman looks for the best.
Work on yourself by engaging in training and activities that will bring the best out of you. Racheal was able to attract Isaac by being the best in character among other women. Her resourcefulness and diligence announced her.
So merely being a believer by declaration is not enough to attract people of interest to you. As a man or woman, you must be valuable.
HOW TO ACTUALIZE YOUR MARITAL DESTINY
- Remain in love with God: because doing so secures your marital destiny, as Romans 8:28 highlights.
- Be committed to advancing God’s kingdom.:The more you promote God’s kingdom, the more He settles you, as Matthew 6:33 tells us.
- Beware of pride. As a man, give your spouse a sense of belonging by seeking her opinion and knowledge. Your wife should be free to question and advice against your action. Stop treating your wife like a dummy; make use of her intelligence and knowledge because that is why God makes her your help mate.
- Engage the power of faith, which dislodges the power of hell against your marital destiny. Remember, marital unrest is among the fiery darts of the devil which faith helps us to quench, according to Ephesians 6:16.
- Make God your only source of expectation. Do not doubt Him, remain focused in your expectation from Him. Allow God to guide you to the right person and stop jumping from one brother/sister to another. Do not forget that when your eye is single, your whole body will be full of light.
Remain Ever Blessed!!! Jesus is Lord!!!