Engaging Biblical Wisdom for All-Round Breakthroughs
“Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore, get wisdom; and with all thy getting, get understanding- Proverbs 4:7”
One cannot have wisdom and be small, neither can anyone truly have divine wisdom and be stranded in life or experience shame, as we can see from Proverbs 3:35. So it means that if you are wise, you will shine and dominate stagnating forces. Therefore every story of frustration is at the mercy of wisdom, which is the principal thing that makes masters of men.
Wisdom is knowing the right thing from God’s word and doing it – i.e. knowing the right way and following it, knowing the right steps and taking them, knowing the right turn and taking it. This is Heavenly wisdom (Matthew 7:24-25).
There are however, different types of wisdom namely: Natural, Academic, Diabolic and Heavenly (James 3:15).
- Natural wisdom is just natural instinct or common sense which, if not improved upon will make you a ‘commoner’ in life.
- Academic wisdom, which is the wisdom we obtain from school, though good, is grossly limited. There are many professors of economics who are beggars and struggle to pay bills.
- Diabolic wisdom is Satanic wisdom or devilish wisdom, the wisdom of the occult, the wisdom of witches and wizards.
- Heavenly or divine wisdom comes from God the Father and is superior to the other three. Jesus operated with this type of wisdom which made his contemporaries marvel at him. At one time, they wondered how He exhibited such wisdom even if He was unlearned.
God’s word is the treasury house of His wisdom and those who ignore it embrace foolishness, confirming a declaration in the bible that says shame shall be the promotion of fools. Whatever God says on any subject matter is perfect and whosoever adheres to them is wise. God is so wise, that 1st Corinthians 1:25 says ‘his foolishness’ is greater than ‘our wisdom’.
BIBLICAL WISDOM FOR SUCCESSFUL PARENTING- Proverbs 22:6
The decadence we have in our world today is a result of failed parenting. Absent, unconscious and illiterate parents who lack knowledge on what it takes to bring up a child that will impact the world for the better.
Proverbs 29:15 teaches us not to leave our children to themselves, that is, we must not shift the responsibility of properly parenting our children. This means that church, school, nannies and grannies should not be left with the responsibility of raising our children.
Many Parents can spend any amount to send their children to school, thinking they have transferred responsibility.
We must take the covenant responsibility of raising our children seriously, in order to secure their future. Remember, Proverbs 22:6 admonishes to do just that!
To help us achieve this task, we must understand the concept of parenting by age. This simply shows us that there are different ways to supervise persons of different age brackets. The way you parent a toddler should be different from the way you parent a pre-teen.
- Total Parenting: This is for 0-6 years and as the name implies, means that you determine everything about the child; what to eat, what to wear, when sleep etc.
- When the child gets to 7 -12 years, parenting becomes total semi-parenting. You do many things but you may have to leave some things like eating, writing and some household chores to the child.
- Co-operative parenting: This takes place between ages 13-19 and requires both parties, parent and child to achieve. At this stage in life, the child is old and mature enough to take certain decisions, albeit with the support of the parents. It is at this stage of life that decisions like course of study, higher institutions to attend etc are made.
- Supportive parenting comes from age 20 till marriage. Parents at this stage only support children by way of advice, attention when needed, recommendations and gentle reminders of godly virtues and practices.
- After wedding and all through marriage, shadow parenting becomes the style. The parents are just there and should have relinquished whatever hold they have on the children. Parents at this stage should reap rewards of responsible parenting as the children should begin to exhibit exemplary behaviour.
Responsible and godly parenting is a must, if we must enjoy rest with our children. Any child you pamper today may pester you tomorrow. Whether you are a pastor, peasant, professor or prophet, failure to bring up your children in the right way will procure shame, just like it did for Eli and Samuel.
RAISING 3G CHILDREN – Our children, if properly raised should pass the 3G test, that is, they should be Good, Godly and Great (Daniel 1:4).
To raise 3G children, we have to look at certain areas that are outlined below.
AREAS OF TRAINING GODLY CHILDREN
- Spiritual Intelligence: In Psalm 127:2-3, we see that children belong to God thus the God factor in raising them is foundational and very crucial. Scripture makes it clear that if the foundation is destroyed, the righteous may not amount to much. As parents, we owe our children proper spiritual education because no matter what we do for them, if they lack spiritual education they will suffer moral bankruptcy and cause pain to someone’s heart tomorrow. You must be interested in the spiritual state of your child because purpose is defeated if the great child ends up in hell (Mark 8:36). Parents must take responsibility to ensure that their children are born again, with a confirmed spiritual birthday which should be more emphasized than the physical one. Teaching your children God’s word is what will secure them against being slaves to sin (Psalm 119:9-11, Isaiah 54:13). If the child must be free from vices he must have the word in his heart and the best place to get the word is in the home.If you are a word-lazy parent, you cannot produce a spiritual child because like begets like.
- Exemplary Spiritual living is key to raising spiritually active children because your children will do what they see you do. What you do impacts on the destinies of your children (Proverbs 20:7, Zechariah 5:4).
- Be straight, not just for yourself but for the destinies of your children. Be careful not to destroy the future of your children for lack of integrity. Crooked people are most likely to end up with unsuccessful children.
- Academic Intelligence: This is a measure of your comprehension ability; the ability to understand, memorize and recall things. The kind of school your child attends does not determine the success or greatness of that child. A great coach does not make a great star. It is the personal dedication and discipline of the child that determines whether that child will end up a star.
- Emotional intelligence: Emotional intelligence is the ability to show empathy and sympathy. No one appreciates an emotionally bankrupt person, regardless of their level of academic or financial success. People who lack emotional intelligence do not have the ability to show kindness and compassion.
- Social intelligence: This is the ability to initiate, maintain and manage relationships. A socially intelligent child should know how to relate with friends, relatives, colleague, brethren, peers, superiors and subordinates.
- Financial intelligence: ‘’Money answereth all things’’ …if you do not want your children to suffer tomorrow you will have to take a decision to inculcate some financial discipline in them. As parents you must do all it takes to raise money-wise children. We must teach our children the three ‘M’s of money (Make, Manage, Multiply), letting them know from childhood how the money comes.
Money is simply a medium of exchange for goods and services and that means you have to provide goods and services for you to be entitled to money. Teach your children to be solution providers. They should know about budgeting, living below income and avoiding debt by all means. Our children should also be taught the difference between asset and liability, that is, that liabilities reduce in value, while assets continue to grow. You must let them know how to invest so they can have different streams of income.
Finally, and more importantly, your children should be taught about the covenant of ‘seed time and harvest’, the covenant of giving so as to plug into the wealth plan that God has for us.
Let them know the various channels of giving like tithe, offering, giving to the needy, giving to Spiritual and biological parents, giving for Kingdom projects, etc. (Luke 6:38, Proverbs 11:24-25, Psalm 24:1, Genesis 26:12-14, Galatians 4:28).
ENCOUNTER WITH DESTINY
Destiny is God’s glorious plan and purpose for you in all areas of life, as seen from Jeremiah 29:11. To experience encounter with destiny, we must:
- Be Spiritually minded. Romans 8:6 says to be carnally minded is death but to be spiritually minded is life and peace (1st Corinthians 2:12-14).
To be spiritual means to be scripturally minded – i.e., Jesus says in John 6:63, “the words that I speak, they are spirit and they are life.”
The plan of God for you is spiritual…His agenda for you is spiritual…your destiny is spiritual and so to actualize it, you have to be spiritual because the natural man receives nothing from God.
Allow the word of God to regulate your mind, your thoughts and your life. Refuse to be moved by physical things.
- Be God loving: The secrets of God are with His lovers because He confides (John 15:15). Love is the basis and platform for friendship and so if you want to access your envious destiny, be a God lover.
If you love God you will love his house, you will love to be in fellowship in the temple church or in the house church.
Your love for God will show in your giving and in your love for humans. Remember, fasting and praying without love for God will amount to nothing because no one empowers opposition or gives secrets to enemies.
All things work together for the good of those who love God.
Remain Ever Blessed!!! Jesus is Lord!!!