UNVEILING THE BREAKTHROUGH POWER OF LOVE – Part 1
by Pst Isaac Folaji on 4th October 2020
“But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day- Proverbs 4:18”
Every child of God is ordained for unending breakthrough, so no one should assume that they have arrived. Our journey in the faith is an adventure from glory to greater glory. Thank God for where you are but bear in mind that it is nothing compared to where God is taking you. We must therefore beware of the Laodicean syndrome, that is, the tendency to become complacent (Revelation 3:16-17)
The word stagnation only exists in the dictionary. In life, one is either going forward or backward and any success not improved upon, becomes failure.
One of the attributes which help us enjoy breakthroughs is love for God. This is clearly validated by 1Corinthians 2:9, which says that strange liftings is the reality of lovers of God.
But what is this love like?
- It is giving one’s heart to God unreservedly-Proverbs 23:26,
- It is loving whatever God loves- John 3:16, John 21:15-17, John 10:16.
- It is a God first lifestyle- Matthew 22:36-40.
- It is a kingdom priority lifestyle-Matthew 6:33.
- It is placing God above all else including oneself-Luke 14:26-27.
God is neither a philanthropist nor a “Father Christmas” . He is a covenant keeper, meaning that there is what you must do for Him to do His own. So, if you want to reign on this earth, which belongs to Him by the way, you must give Him your heart for everything else to be delivered to you. David loved God and he proved this on several occasions, one of which was when he risked his life to protect the name of God and the pride of His people. David enjoyed honour because of his genuine love for God.
What is in love that engenders breakthrough?
1. Revelation: When you love God, you gain access to revelation, which describes light, power and Spirit behind God’s word (John 15:15). The basis for granting you access to revelation is love, which generates friendship. In other words, loving God makes you His friend, which in turn prompts Him to tell you things. Revelation! However we must understand that coming to church and confessing friendship with God is not enough; you must be in agreement with Him and with His ways (Amos 3:3).
Isaiah 60:1 tells to rise up and shine at the entrance of light, showing us that revelation (light) engenders breakthrough in darkness. 2nd Corinthians 3:18 teaches us that we are transformed to the glorious image and design of God, as we behold His word and in Galatians 2:2 we see that by revelation, we go up, irrespective of prevailing circumstances. That was the case with Abraham of whom God said in Genesis 18:17, “shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do?” Moses also enjoyed the se measure of revelation and it was said of him in Exodus 33:11 that God spoke to him, as a man speaks to his friend.
2.Love for God facilitates answer to our prayers: You can pray, but only God can answer and He only attends to the prayers of those who love Him first (Psalm 66:18, Isaiah 65:24). In some cases the Bible says that God answers some while their desires are yet unspoken. All these are available on the platform of love. According to Zechariah 7:13, you must hear God and obey Him first, for Him to hear you. Sometimes our prayer contents show our love for God, as proven by Solomon in 1st Kings 3:3-14.
3. Love for God enhances access to divine wisdom: Perhaps no example better illustrates this point than that of Solomon who, through His love for God, His things and His people, secured divine wisdom on a platter of gold. Love for God enhances our access to wisdom from above which is validated by mighty works.A heart for God also gave David access to wisdom from above which turned him to a wonder on the earth-2 Samuel 14:20.
One major benefit of friendship with God is guaranteed access to His favour. Outside the favour of God is death. Favour does not just bring life but brings abundant, eternal, comfortable and gorgeous life. Without favour of God, one experiences strain, stress and struggles but favour gets you refreshed because it is like the dew of the morning (Proverbs 19:12). It is life’s lubricant which makes things easy and smooth (1st Samuel 10:1-3,Proverbs13:15)
Added to above, divine favour forbids emptiness, generates abundance, enables progress and e guarantees divine protection (Exodus 3:21, Psalm 44:1-3). Also, God shows mercy on the one He favours (Isaiah 60:10-18).
How to access favour
1. New Birth: That is surrendering your life to Jesus Christ brings you into favour with God. The peak of favor is when your enemy favours you . This is so because God surrounds the righteous with favour, according to (Psalm 5:12, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Acts 2:47)
2. Serve God and the interest of His Kingdom. . The time to be favoured by God may not come until you favour the interest of God’s kingdom.. When there is a clash of appointment between God and your business, what do you do? if you set aside God for your business or other ventures, He will not favour you. So, If you desire God’s favour, favour His kingdom with your time, resources and energy..( Psalm 102:13-15)
In conclusion, remember that no one runs out of favour, running after God and His kingdom. Remain Ever Blessed!!! Jesus is Lord!!!