UNVEILING THE BREAKTHROUGH POWER OF LOVE- Part 4
by Pst Adegoke Cole on 25th October 2020
“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him-1 Corinthians 2:9.
The love referred to here is love for God. There is enormous power in loving God. But it is important to note that loving God is not by merely expressing love in words or song or in language; rather, it is demonstrated in actions, and practices. [A1] [TO2]
WHAT IS LOVE?
Loving God has a number of dimensions which are discussed below:
- LOVING WHAT GOD LOVES: If you love God, you will love what He loves; it is a normal and natural flow. To claim to love God you must love what He loves; and do what God loves. John 3:16 describes God’s heart: For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life (NIV). The God of the Trinity walk in love just for you alone and if you claim to love Him you must do that with all that is within you Matthew 22:39-40. To love God is to love what God loves and God loves the souls of men. So, to love men means that you are committed to seeing men saved and succeed, committed to using your existence on the earth to better the lives of others John 21:17. We are to reach out to people out of love, out of care, out of genuine passion because we love God. We do not claim to love God by just singing songs of love to Him. In fact, love that is not practiced and put into action is fake. If you love God, you will love His people. How do you love God in church and still keep malice with people in church?
- A GOD-FIRST LIFESTYLE: In the order of priority of our needs, what is number one? To love God means to put His things first. When you make God priority, He will likewise prioritize your needs. We must understand that God doesn’t determine how He responds to us; we determine it. When you take a step, God takes a step; when you take one backward, God also takes one backwards. God first lifestyle is the reason many are enjoying supernatural breakthrough. These things cannot be faked, you can fake it for a while but not for long.
- KINGDOM PRIORITY: (Mathew 6:33) Placing the things of God first in your life is what brings honour and dominion to the believer. For instance making your home available for cell meetings.
WHAT MAKES LOVING GOD SO GREAT?
- It guarantees breakthroughs. God does not give breakthroughs by prayers but by the pursuit of His kingdom. People that get things done do not pray too much concerning issues of their lives. Someone once said that when you pray too much concerning a particular matter it is a sign of faithlessness. If you walk with God He will walk with you.
- It stirs our hearts for the house of God: when you love God you will naturally love His house . Mind you, His house is where giants are made. A man once said that the greatest thing one can do for oneself is to love God and vice versa. God’s presence is always mighty in His house (Zephaniah 3:17). His house is His workshop where He repairs damaged destinies. Just like major surgeries cannot be performed except in a medical theatre, certain issues of our lives cannot be attended to except we come to His house. (Psalm 122:1-6)
- It drives us to share the good news of God’s word: If you love God, sharing His Word with people will not be a problem. Not sharing the Good News means you are not convinced that it works. When you are love-driven, you witness for Christ even unconsciously; He becomes the subject of interest in all of your discussions.
- It turns us into commanders of the supernatural: When we love God, He makes us commanders of the supernatural realm. However, love is a choice; you love God because you choose to and then you ask God to shed His love abroad in your heart . When the love of God is in place, you enjoy the best of God. (Romans 5:5)
COVENANT DAY SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS (Gen. 1:28)
God knew that one of the most important requirements in a man’s life is His blessings. That means the operations of man and the affairs of man on earth will always at all times require the blessings of God. And we saw what happened to Adam in Genesis 2 where he was not praying for a job, but God settled him and placed him in the Garden of Eden. We have seen men whom people submitted billion naira businesses to for them to manage. Adam was not looking for a wife; he was just busy and God said, “I think I need to settle you[A3] again” and God was bringing the animal and Adam said “No this one does not look like me therefore it can’t suit me”. God Himself made Adam to sleep; he was just enjoying the work of God. Another meaning of blessing is God at work while you are at rest. When the blessing works, you are resting and God is performing the work – that is where the blessing is.
We also saw that one thing that the blessing does largely is that it determines how things respond to you. The blessing is the spiritual system of response. God blessed man in Genesis 1:28 by commanding fruitfulness and multiplication. That means everything that man relates with must be fruitful; things must respond as man relates with them, they must respond to man. He said “… multiply…”, which means that everything that man does must multiply. And then He said “… subdue…” which means no matter how high a thing is when a man gets to it they are able to put that thing under. And then he said “…replenish…” so, if something be taken away and the blessing is there it will be replenish in multiple folds. Throughout the scriptures, we consistently see the blessings of God because only God can bless. In Psalm 65:4 Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in the courts: we shall be satisfied with goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple…
HOW DO I RECEIVE THE BLESSING?
1. Be born again. When you receive Jesus, you are receiving the blessings of God upon your life. The Bible in talking about Jesus says that God sent Jesus to bless you; He came with the blessings of heaven. That is why Paul said ‘’I know that when I come unto you, I shall come with the fullness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ’ (Romans 15:29). That is why when you are born again you are called into the realm where everything responds to you positively including God. A blessed man will call and God will answer.
2. Locate a man that is under the blessings of God (Genesis 12:1-4). God said to Abraham that He will bless them that bless him. Abraham was not only a blessed man, but was a carrier of blessings. Though God did not bless Lot, but the fact that Lot went with Abraham whom God has blessed made him to partake in the blessing. This Commission is under God’s own blessing so being a genuine member of this church qualifies you for blessings. Locate a man under the blessings of God and stay with that person by connecting with him. Do not curse the one that is blessed of God, you are closing your heavens. The pattern of poor people is everyone that is rich must have stolen the money. Note that not every rich person is stealing because there are some that God Himself placed His blessings upon. The blessing of God make rich. And when those riches come, no devil, and no economy can bring it down.
3. Obedience to God is the surest way to validate your blessings. Every request for a divine blessing is preceded by God’s certain instruction. You need obedience to unwrap God’s blessing (Deuteronomy 28:1-2) and one of God’s main instructions that can unlock your blessing is engaging in soul winning (Genesis 27:7).
4. Parental blessings. Parental proclamations release blessings (Ephesians 6: 1-3). When we honour our parents, blessings are released on us as was in the case of Isaac to Jacob.
Remain Ever Blessed!!! Jesus is Lord!!