UNVEILING THE BREAKTHROUGH POWER OF LOVE-Part 2
by Pst Isaac Folaji on 11th October 2020
“Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid- Matthew 5:14”
Every child of God is redeemed a breakthrough personality, the light of the world, a pathfinder and a trailblazer. That means we are the ones to generate results with proofs and to show others the way. Every child of God is redeemed a star, If truly Jesus is the bright and morning star (a star that shines early – then we also are bright and morning stars because as he is, so are we in this world.
However everything that God has ordained us to be is at the mercy of our love for Him as Matthew 22:32-40 reveals. This means if you obey the first and great commandment of the Lord you will experience supernatural greatness on the earth. Greatness in the kingdom is a function of love for God, not skills or academics.
So until your love for God is certified the hand of God that makes men mighty will remain elusive because according to Romans 8:28, everything works for the good of lovers of God. You may be born again but you if you do not demonstrate your love for God, things may not work for you (1 Corinthians 2:9, 8:8).
Love for God is better demonstrated by loving the things He loves. For instance, God gave Jesus as a ransom to rescue humanity from sin. That means He so loves the world and the people in it. Aligning with this divine agenda to save humans from ungodliness is a huge step in demonstrating love for God. Therefore, if God loves souls and desires to see them saved, you too must love souls and take steps towards their salvation.
HOW DOES LOVE ENGENDER BREAKTHROUGH?
1. It empowers us for delightsome and exciteful obedience to scriptural commandments: 1st John 5:3 says, “for this is the love of God that we keep his commandment”. That was the secret behind Abraham’s obedience. Abraham a God lover would do anything God asked him to do no matter how inconveniencing it appeared. That is putting God first as the custodian of our life because He has good plans and packages for us and will not instruct us to do what will bring damages to our life.
Love is the basis for friendship (Genesis 24:1) and as was evident in Abraham’s life, he lived and died in blessing, at a ripe old age.
The scripture says his commandment are not grievous, they are to groom us. So, when God tells you to do something either directly from the scripture or through His servant, the best action is to comply (Deuteronomy 28:1).People go to different lengths in search of breakthrough when in truth, love-driven obedience to God will generate a ceaseless flow of breakthroughs.
2. It empowers our giving to be acceptable and therefore, profitable:. According to 1st Corinthians 13:2-3, whatever is given must be done in love, for it to be profitable. God Himself demonstrated this pattern by giving His only begotten Son to save the world that He so loved. It is important to understand the place of love in giving because you can give without loving but you can never love without giving. So for Proverbs 11:24-25 and Luke 6:38 to be a practical reality in your life, you must give and your giving must be love-oriented. The direction of your expenditure determines the placement of your heart
So in truth, nothing should separate us from the love of God (Romans 8:35). This was Paul’s verdict via his experience, no wonder he ended up a breakthrough personality!
3. Love for God makes believers indestructible : When you walk in practical love for God, you become indestructible-1John 4:16, Daniel 3:22-27, 2Corinthians 11:25, Acts 14:20, Daniel 6:10-20.
BREAKING GENERATIONAL CURSES
Curses are spiritual programmes which bring about negativities like failure, limitations, sorrow, tragedy. These programmes are packaged in the realm of the spirit to work against destinies and more often than not, they are initiated and sealed by words. Contrary to what many believe, you do not have to offend anyone for their pronounced curse to have effect on you.
Curses can also come from certain activities or covenants we engaged in or which others engage in on our behalf, hence the term ‘generational curse’. So generational curses refer to those negativities which follow a particular lineage or family, as a result pronounced or attracted curses. Blessings, which are also spiritual programmes to bring favour to man and expedite his endeavours are also generated by words. When God blessed man in the beginning, He did so via words and at the fall of man, curses, via words emanated from God towards man.
When we break certain laws of life, curses are activated
There are demons which are on stand by to execute this curses just as God’s holy angels are at His command to execute all His blessings.
WAY OUT OF CURSES
The most effective antidote to curses are blessings. This means that curses are averted or destroyed at the instance of God’s blessings. So the question is, how does one attract blessings from God in order to eradicate curses?
1 Redemption : The first step in the journey towards attracting God’s blessings is to surrender yourself to Jesus. Hebrews 2:3 asks how we can escape negativities if we neglect the salvation proposed to us by Christ. That means that Jesus is the only way of escape. When you give your life to Christ, you become a child of God, hence, you leave the family of curses and start living with the family of blessings. You are moved from natural family lineage to a supernatural, divine family lineage, where things work according to the dictates and expectations of the head, Christ. This step also makes you a new creature, as 2nd Corinthians 5:17 shows.
2. Service to God. Exodus 23:25-26 says, thou shall serve and I will bless. And when God blesses, because blessing is the opposite of curse, you are removed from the operation of curses. In other words if you do not serve, He will not bless and if He does not bless, curses and their effects will remain (Psalms 109:28-29). So serve God and the interests of His kingdom and we can do so in the following ways:
a) in soul winning, which is the greatest service anyone can render to God
b) physically in various service units like Media & IT, Sanctuary Keepers etc (Psalms 102:13-14).
c) through men; Jesus espounded on this teaching in Matthew 25:34-40.
d) spiritually, by engaging in kingdom advancement prayers (Galatians 6:8).
3. Prophetic connections: Hosea 12:13 records that God, through a prophet, brought Israel out of captivity and also preserved Israel by that prophet. God has not changed. Isreal was suffering from the curse of the evil they did to Joseph and for Four Hundred and Thirty years they were under the curse of slavery, under the torment of their task masters. But God sent a prophet called Moses.
4. Operating the communion with understanding: 1st Corinthians 10:16 says the communion is a cup of blessings and it is so because it was a sacrifice. Jesus shed His blood to terminate the curses of life. Sacrifice will always stop a curse, the sacrifice of the blood of Christ (Zechariah 9:11–12). To be under a curse is like to be surrounded, to be under a siege, there is no way out. But the Bible says that by the blood of the covenant the prisoners will be rescued.
In conclusion, you must understand that by the mystery of redemption, curses have no more power over your life.
Remain Ever Blessed!!! Jesus is Lord!!!