UNVEILING OUR BREAKING LIMITS HERITAGE IN THE WORD
by Pst Isaac Folaji on 2 Feb 2020
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified-Acts 20:32
We understand that God’s word is the custodian of our heritage as believers (Acts 20:32) and a spiritual mirror of life, which is superior to our natural mirror (James 1:22 – 25). As a redeemed child of God, God’s word reveals the true state of our spirit, which gives life to our natural body (John 6:63).
WHO ARE WE IN CHRIST AS CONTAINED IN THE WORD?
1. By redemption, we have eternal life. and share divinity with God, as we deduce from Romans 6::23. Everyone that is born again has eternal life, the God kind of life. (John 3:16).
2. We are born again as supernatural beings: John 3:8, likens children of God to the wind, which impact is felt, though it is invisible. The wind can neither be trapped, stopped, restricted nor dominated and that is what the life of any true believer should reflect. The negative things that happen to others should not happen to us because we are heavenly citizens after the other of Christ. We should defy all odds and break limits ecause there is no impossibility in the spiritual realm, where we belong, where all natural laws are suspended for the supernatural to have its way. The more we look in to the word, the more we are changed into our supernatural status.
3. We are born again as kings to reign on earth (Revelations 5:9–10). Redemption puts us the superior royal family of the owner of the universe (James 1:24, Isaiah 62:3). As a member of the superior royal family, you should exhibit excellent etiquette that depicts your status in Christ.
4. We are redeemed as givers, not beggars (2 Corinthians 8:9). Redemption makes it possible for prosperity to be credited into our spiritual account (John 10:10), so do not go about like a beggar! Do not be confused by the emptiness of the physical pocket because that is not the real you.
WHAT TO DO TO ACCESS GOD’S PLAN
1. You must be born again (John 1:12). To be born again is to be born of God and 1st John 5:4 says that we overcome the world when we are born of God.
2. You must continue to be spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:14). We must be spiritually conscious, allowing the scriptures to rule our minds. Spirituality is scripturality , tailoring every aspect of life according to God’s word and allowing our thoughts to be regulated by scriptures.
We must recognize that all round rest is the will of God for all His children (Hebrews 4:9-10). Every child of God is entitled to rest, that is, a life devoid of troubles and turmoil. Jesus’ invitation to us in the Matthew 11:28 paints a true picture of what God has in store for us. All-round rest is so vital because without peace there is no progress or development and everyday living becomes difficult (Jeremiah 29:7). There is no prosperity without peace and God will not intervene without peace (Psalm 46:10)
PREREQUISITES FOR ALL-ROUND REST
1. Redemption: John 14:27 says, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” United Nations cannot give peace, neither can United States, only God can give the kind of rest that cannot be tampered with, the type that gives you assurance of tomorrow. That is the peace we are talking about and it can only be yours if you are truly born again and not just a church-goer.
2. Settling down with God in His house: You need this if you really want to enjoy peace. The seventeenth verse of the only chapter in Obadiah says that in Mount Zion there is deliverance, and Mount Zion is the house of God. 2nd Samuel 7:10 talks about God appointing a permanent place for His own and their children, where they will no longer be afflicted by wickedness and its chiIdren. Regular church attendance is the security of every believer’s destiny. David, in realisation of the importance of God’s house said, “I was glad when they said…let us go to the house of the Lord (Psalm 122:1). Tell yourself that in this 2020, nothing will make you miss service in church. That is the way to enjoy peace and rest that will make God manifest himself to you. The security of your life, business, family lies in your settling down in the house of God.
3. Entering into a covenant to serve God and the interest of His kingdom as a priority for living: We see a very clear illustration of the type of rest that an avowed servant of God can attract, in 2nd Chronicles 15:12-15. In that scripture, God gave His people who had sworn to serve Him, rest over children, family, future, finances, the powers of darkness. God has not changed, until you meet the requirements you cannot enjoy that. It is time to enter into a covenant to serve God like never before, different from how we have been serving God previously. Our service to and for God and His Kingdom must be gaining higher intensity for our own sake because no body serves God and remains bankrupt. Job 36:11 validates this truth by letting us know that we enjoy a life of prosperity and pleasures when we remain obedient, and in service to God. So, it is not enough to be born again, to enjoy all-round rest we must enter into an irrevocable, permanent, ever-growing service of God.
Two things are clear from Malachi 3:17; (a) there are serving and non-serving children of God and (b) God spares the ones who serve Him.
As we prepare to serve God better in 2020, we must bear in mind that the biggest service one can ever render to God is to partner with Him in the salvation of souls, which is His greatest interest on earth. God values man’s soul above all treasures and that is why Jesus asked what it would profit anyone to gain the whole world and lose their soul. The greatest help you can render to anybody is the salvation of their soul (Mark 8:36). The soul of man is so important to God that heaven rejoices over the salvation of one (Luke 15:10).
So be involved in getting the people saved and established in the house of God. When you partner with God you are enlisted in His payroll and welfare package. There is nothing called incurable when you are part of bringing souls to God (John15:2).You will be spiritually fit, mentally fit, emotionally fit and financially fit.
Remain Ever Blessed!!! Jesus is Lord!!!
JESUS IS LORD FOREVER!