UNDERSTANDING THE WONDERS OF THANKSGIVING
“In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you – 1st Thessalonians 5:18”
Thanksgiving is a commandment of Scripture. It is a simple but profound injunction that bears life-changing virtues and is a mystery that supernaturally elevates. Scripture requires us to give thanks to God in every situation, both in and out of season (Ephesians 5:20). God has predestined every child of His to be a living wonder and amazement among men, subject however to meeting His requirement of thanksgiving as a lifestyle (1 Thessalonians 5:18; Colossians 3:15; Psalm150:6).
Every acknowledged act of God is thanksgiving. However, thanksgiving must be heartfelt, otherwise, it is a waste of time, and the usual accompanying transformative blessings will be missing. The outcome of obedience to this simple injunction is that you become a living wonder living victoriously, such that troubling situations will tremble at your presence, just as the red sea saw God’s Presence and immediately parted (Exodus 14: 21).
Even when things are not working well, give thanks to God. When you do this, a turnaround force will be released to transform the situation, thus resulting in praise. The root of a praise-full life is a life given to gratitude. Grateful lives are joyful lives, and a habitually grateful person enjoys Divine Presence with awe-inspiring events described in Psalm 114: 1-7 and Psalm 22:3. In order to enjoy God’s Presence, you only need to praise Him genuinely (Psalm 114:7; Psalm 100:4). Praise-full saints do not lack wonders because God comes into their midst and it is impossible for difficulties to remain when God is present. We have the Scriptural assurance of God’s fearfulness in praise: Exodus 15:11.
If however you despise God’s acts as small, He will withdraw His hand. Note that God does not perform little things; it is the small-minded who minimize His acts. When you refuse to give thanks to God as a lifestyle, you may end up in the prison of life.
What is Thanksgiving?
- It is acknowledging God as the One responsible for all the good things around us. There is always something to thank God for (James 1:17; John 3:27).
- It is recounting God’s loving kindness in our lives. Every time you see a new day, give thanks (Psalm 118:24).
- It is lauding Him for all the benefits of redemption (2 Peter 1:3). When you gave your life to Christ, your sins are not only forgiven, you are also called into a life of fullness. You cease to be meat for the devil (John 10: 10b; Revelations 5:10; Romans 5:8; 1 Corinthians 15:19).
- It is appreciating God for changes of level (1 Corinthians 15:10). Everything that you have, own and become is a product of God’s grace (Psalm 50:22).
- It is praising God even when things are not working well, as Paul and Silas did in their dire situation (Acts 16: 20-25).
What are the Benefits oF Thanksgiving?
- You Gain Access to Joy which Secures Your Health. A merry heart is medicine to the body (Proverbs 17: 22). With sincere thankfulness, you become truly joyful, and joy enhances health and vitality and insulates from sickness. Joy is powerful because it creates a conducive environment for God to operate in, whereas the enemy inhabits sorrowfulness with an agenda of theft, destruction, and death (Psalm 22:3; John 10:10). For your health’s sake, be thankful. On a daily basis, stimulate joy within you by searching for things to be grateful for, and the ensuing consistent rejoicing will supply healing to your body (Philippians 4:4). Realize that your health is dependent on it and that since health is wealth, and that without health you can do nothing, retain your joy at all costs. So we must outsmart the devil and safeguard our joy. Minimize your reactions to people’s misbehavior, understanding that you thereby control your mind and guard your health.
- It a spiritual platform for the fulfillment of prophecies: Hebrews 10:36. Every promise of God is at the mercy of thanksgiving, and the will of God is that we give thanks in all situations. It is important to know that God’s promises do not guarantee their fulfillment (1 Kings 8:15). No effort of man can compel God’s Word to happen; rather, it is His hand that performs where thanksgiving is in place (Psalm 56:10). Ignorance about the importance of thanksgiving will make God’s promises elusive and deprive a person of the wonder-working hand of God in their lives. Refrain therefore from complaining and murmuring, and replace these with thanksgiving (Numbers 11:1). Guard your heart against nurturing complaints, both verbalized and internalized. Understand that even our Lord Jesus had to give thanks to God in order to see God’s mighty acts fulfilled in His Ministry, especially raising Lazarus from death after thanksgiving (John 11: 41-44). Be careful to avoid offense, queries, or allegations against God.
- Thanksgiving Preserves: Malachi 2:4
COVENANT OF FAVOUR
- FAVOUR means to be liked or preferredjust as David was chosen over all his brothers to be King of Israel (1 Chronicles 28:4). Favour talks about divine partiality. Another word for favor is ‘Grace’
What Is In Favour ?
- Favour is a matter of life and death. God’s favor terminates His anger and turns mourning into dancing: Psalm 30:5. With favour, you lack nothing: Psalm 44:3.
- Favour converts frustration to fulfilment. When you are favoured the things that are made for your joy are provided around you.
- With favour, protocols are breached for your sake.
- You are freed from struggles (Genesis 39:4). You are promoted and placed in charge: 1 Chronicles 28:4.
KEYS TO FAVOUR
- Serve God. Serving God and the interest of His Kingdom as Daniel did (Psalm 102:13-15; Daniel 1:8-9). Pray for the sick and for the Kingdom of God.
- Give Sacrificially. Give as Solomon did and received tremendous favor from God (1 Kings 3:3-13). You can give your way to favour. Promote the kingdom and be a blessing to others. The Bible assures that givers attract friends (Proverbs 19:6) and this includes God’s favor because He loves givers. If things appear not to be working or when you experience a siege or misfortune, give sacrificially.
- Cultivate a lifestyle of thanksgiving and praise. Bless the Lord at all times as David did and was favored by God and man. Psalm 34:1
- Wisdom. Proverbs 16:20, 14:35. Jesus increased in wisdom and favour through His wise behavior (Luke 2:52). Inculcate a wise attitude so that you will obtain favour with God and man. In addition to giving thanks to God, learn to show gratitude to people (1 Samuel 18:5). If you do not experience favour at either your place of work, family, or church, check your behavior, because no one gives anything of value to a badly behaved person. The king’s favour is towards a wise servant: Proverbs 14: 35.
Remain Ever Blessed!!! Jesus is Lord!!!
- Every siege of misfortune concerning your life and family is destroyed now
- From this moment, the blessings of the Promised land will start manifesting in your life.
- Receive a fresh impartation of fearful favour upon your life and your family.
- Every siege of misfortune around your life is destroyed now.
- Receive a fresh garment of praise upon your life that will make you sing all the days of your life.
- Every trait of murmuring and complaining is dead in your life today
- Wherever your name is mentioned, favour will answer!
- Wherever your business name is mentioned, favour will answer
- Favour will continue to answer for you, even in your absence.
- From today, sorrow and weeping become things of the past in your life.
- Thanksgiving is a heavenly strategy for outstanding victories on the earth-Psalm 92:1-12.
- When you carry God’s presence , heaven comes down to announce you on the earth-Matthew 3:16-17.
- God’s presence guarantees total victory in all spheres of life-Acts 16:26.
- Praise is God’s knockout strategy against the enemy-2 Chronicles 20:20-23.
- Joy is a mystery weapon, when you lay hold on it, life is made cheap for you- Proverbs 15:15.