UNDERSTANDING HOW PRAISE FACILITATES THE FULFILMENT OF PROPHECY Part 3
by Pst Adegoke Cole
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end- Jeremiah 29:11”
Prophecies are the unfolding of God’s plan or purpose for a nation, the people and individuals. What is called prophecy is when God unveils his agenda. Jeremiah 29:11. There are two major sources of prophecies from God and from the scriptures, 2 Peter 1:19 and from His prophets, Amos 3:7.
The good news for us, as people of God, is that God’s prophecy has already gone ahead for us. He has spoken concerning the year and what He has said, He will perform. No human hand can fulfill divine agenda. When God speaks by prophecy, He is simply unveiling His agenda.
The speaking of God and the performance of God are not the same. This is where many of God’s people miss it. Many people assume if God says so it will happen automatically. In 1 Kings 8:15, God first spoke to David then with his hand, He fulfilled it. God has unfolded his agenda but until we do something, His hand will not be stretched out to perform it. It is wisdom for us to know how to provoke His hand.
Praise is one very vital tool that will move God’s hand to bear. You want God to perform what He has said concerning you, be ready to praise Him, praising Him will move his hand to perform what His mouth has spoken .That is why when prophecies goes forth, Satan tries to bring sorrow and discouragement so that you cannot praise God to move His hand. But when you understand better, the longer it appears it is not working, the more you praise. The longer it tarries the more you praise God.
God speaks according to His authority, He is not looking at what you can do. He knows what He can do. He is waiting on us to do our part of moving His hand. And what moves his hand is our faith (Isaiah 53:1), it is faith that moves the hand of God. One of the major characteristics of faith is praise. Any praise that is not giving glory to God is not complete. Any faith that is not celebrating God, is an incomplete and weak faith.
COVENANT DAY OF VENGEANCE
Let’s take note, there is an enemy behind every affliction a man faces. Until the God of vengeance shows up, the wickedness of the wicked will not seize. Nothing evil is ordinary, especially any issue of long standing. Jesus said, your adversary the devil walks about looking for whom he may devour. From the scripture, when the people of God suffered long affliction there was an enemy behind it (Exodus. 12:12). Let the wicked perish at the presence of God.Vengeance is the execution of the sentence of God for their wicked work. We must learn how to execute God’s judgment.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SEEK VENGEANCE
1. The anointing: in Psalm 89 God said, I have found David my servant, with my holy oil have I anointed him. In verse 21 God said with whom my hand shall be established, mine arm also shall strengthen him. The anointing also makes the hand of God to perform what his mouth has said. The enemy shall not exact upon him: nor the son of wickedness afflict him; verse 22. The anointing upon our head is vengeance executed upon the wicked.
2. Praise: Psalm149:6 9 (let) the high (praises) of God (be) in their mouth, and a two edged sword in their hand; to execute vengeance upon the heathen, (and) punishments upon the people. The purpose of praise in our mouth is to execute vengeance. While we are dancing and praising God, the God of vengeance will be executing vengeance upon our enemies. Also, God said of Abraham, whoever bless you shall be blessed and whoever curse you shall be cursed. When we praise God, He binds any man or woman, spirit or demon on our behalf. Remember, He said we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers, against the rulers of this age, against spiritual wickedness in heavenly places. Praise is one of the fastest way to cast out demons.
3. God enforces vengeance by prophets. Prophets are God’s instrument of vengeance. In Exodus 3: 7-10 God said the cry of my people has come onto me therefore I am sending you Moses to set them free. We have seen through scriptures that the vengeance of God has mostly been executed through the voice of His prophets.
WHAT QUALIFIES US FOR THE VENGEANCE OF GOD?
One big qualification to become one of those whom God will avenge is to become one of His saint. Psalm 149:5-9. Herod was eaten up by worms for the sake of God’s saints.
1. Repentance: when there is sin it’s a proof that you need to return to God. You might even be born again but if you are living in sin it won’t allow God to work for you. God is a Holy God and he said in Isaiah 59:2-3 the hand of God is not too short that he cannot save… but your sin has separated you.
2. Mercy: Many are too proud. You made the error, you know what you did, why not ask for mercy and mean it in your heart. But many are too proud; shall we continue in sin and ask that grace abound? He knows our weakness, He knows our capacity, and He said if we can come to him He will help us.
Remain Ever Blessed!!! Jesus is Lord!!!!