UNDERSTANDING HOW PRAISE BRINGS ABOUT THE FULFILMENT OF PROPHECIES.
by Pst Isaac Folaji , November 2020
“But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel- Psalm 22:3.
Prophecies, as we know by now, are the unfolding of God’s plans and purpose for a people, nation or an individual, and are revealed in the scripture and through his servants. Whatever God intends to do He says it first, that is His pattern, as Amos 3:7 shows. So, the bible reveals God’s plan for our destiny, while the messengers are used to speak to moments and seasons of our life, to know what do per time and per season. In 1st Chronicles 12:32, the bible says that the children of Issachar have understanding of times and seasons to know what Israel ought to do. When you miss the timing of what to do then you become a victim of spiritual devastation.
So, God speaks and when He does, either from scriptures or from his messengers we have to receive the prophetic word first because it is like a seed. Any seed that must germinate must be planted in the good ground of the heart.
2nd Peter 1:19-21 calls God’s word a more sure word of prophecy and following the lesson in the parable of the shower in Like 8:11-15, we can conclude that receiving prophecies is the first step in the right direction of seeing them fulfilled. Receiving the prophetic word means that you are neither reading meanings to them nor thinking that the messenger of God wants to take advantage of you.
Receiving the prophetic also means that your mind is devoid of any logical reasoning or calculations of how it will come to pass. This happened in 2nd Kings 7, where a learned minister in the king’s court questioned God’s ability ascwas revealed in the prophecy of Elijah. The indignant prophet then told the man that what he had prophesied would not only come to pass, but that the minister would only see but not partake of it. More often than not, prophecies defy logical sense because they tend towards the humanly impossible. So we must be careful how we react to them, in order not to become victims.
God Almighty is more than able to fulfill His words and we have seen that time and time again. For example, God revealed to Joseph in a dream that he was going to rule over his parents and his eleven brothers. Although several incidents ranging from betrayal, false accusation to imprisonment occured in the life of Joseph, God still fulfilled the prophecy. Joseph became Lord over all in Egypt, a foreign land and was second only to the king. In fact Pharaoh himself testified that it was only in name or title that he was greater than Joseph. Not only did his parents and siblings bow to him, Potiphar and the rest of Egypt also bowed (Psalm 105:17-22). In today’s terms you could say Joseph became Prime Minister, Chief Judge, Interior Minister, Minister of Commerce and Industry, teacher of ministers, all in one! What an awesome God we serve! All these were possible because Joseph received and believed the dream that was revealed to him. And remember, he of all persons had several reasons to doubt that prophecy but he stayed focused.
In January we heard the prophecy that ten thousand churches will be planted across Nigeria by God through this Commission this year. That God will plant them, not the church and today that prophecy is fulfilled, despite all that has happened this year. God did it, supplying human and financial resources to make it happen. Nothing is impossible with God but as real and true as this statement is, we need an attitude of continuous praise to see God’s hand move in fulfilling prophecies concerning us. The words are His and His presence needs to be sure to perform what He has spoken.
However it takes praise to bring any prophetic word into fulfilment. For God to be constantly present in any life, praise is a must, even as we learn from Psalm 22:3. Praise is God’s habitation, meaning that as we praise Him, He tabernacles with us, ensuring that everlasting blockages – especially to fulfillment of prophecies – are lifted in our favour
We need to understand what it takes to enjoy next levels because God is desirous for us to experience continuous growth. In Deuteronomy 2:3 we see a situation where someone was asked to move on because they had stayed for too long at one place. This means that regardless of where anyone is today, there is a better place.
God wants to open a new chapter for you because, as Proverb 4:18 illustrates, our journey is from glory to glory. We need to stretch our mentality to match God’s will and ability, if we are to constantly change levels. This is so important because God knows that any success that is not improved upon soon becomes failure.
WHAT DOES IT TAKES TO EXPERIENCE NEXT LEVELS?
- Continue to walk in line with God’s word: The Bible teaches us to begin small and grow from one level of glory to another as life is a process. It is anti-scriptural to want to begin from the top. (2 Corinthians 3:18, Job 8:7)
- Continue to engage with every divine instructions as maybe handed down from time to time: The bible is principally made up of instructions. Those who do not like instructions cannot enjoy Christianity. Instructions will always take us out of our comfort zone. How you operate with divine instructions determines whether you will be qualified for next levels or not (Proverbs 4:13). Every prophetic word usually comes with a demand (John 2:5-9) and any message without an instruction is merely motivational speaking (Deuteronomy 28:1, Proverbs 13:18, Gen 3:1-5, 2nd Corinthians 9:6). If you want to move to the next level you must obey and successfully carryout all instructions at your current level. Christianity is a profession and every profession has qualifying exams. It is until you pass those exams that you will be promoted. For instance, Proverbs 13:18 states that Poverty and shame shall be to him that refuseth instruction… that means that one must pass the instruction of giving to prosper in life.
- Continue to Serve God and the interest of His kingdom as a lifestyle: How involved are you with the ongoing church growth agenda in your local assembly. Your engagement in soul wining is what guarantees your change of level. (Luke 19:13-16, Isaiah 55:8, Matthew 6:33).
- Trust in the Lord to confirm His word:. There maybe challenges but God will perform His word. Trusting God is knowing that He will do what He says He will do. (Job 13:15)
- Continue to praise Him in spite of contrary situations:(Numbers 11:1, Proverbs 4:23, 1st Peter 5:7, 1 Corinthians 10:10, Luke 10:21).If you don’t want to be a victim of stagnation then you have to continue to praise God. Paul and Silas were in the prison waiting to be executed the following day, the prayed and at some point they switched to praises and God came down on their behalf. Anything that take away your praise has taken away your next level. When you praise, God comes down because He inhabits the praise of His people. Complaining and murmuring makes one to retrogress, so by all means avoid complaining no matter the situation and consciously avoid complainers- Number 11:1.
Remain Ever Blessed!!!! Jesus is Lord!!!