ENGAGING VIOLENT FAITH FOR SUPERNATURAL BREAKTHROUGH …PT2
by Pst Isaac Folaji on 8 March 2020
“Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth- Mark 9:23”
Supernatural breakthrough and a colourful, enviable, fruitful and prosperous life are all part of God’s plan for His children (John 10:10, 2nd Peter 1:3). However, for this supernatural heritage to become a reality, faith is a must. In fact, according to scriptures, Christianity without faith is akin to unrighteousness (Hebrews 11:6). So getting anything at all from the God who is the very source of all things is dependent upon our faith in Him because faith is the bridge that connects Him to humanity.
In Matthew 9:27-29 we find an account of when Jesus met a colony of blind people and two out of the lot followed him. Now let’s assume that following him means that they were coming to church but it did not stop there and until they cried out in faith to the master, their miracle was elusive. So mere following – coming to church – is never enough. It is good to come to church, it is the first step but no one ever receives anything tangible, remaining on the first step of any endeavour.
Let us always be reminded that in Christ, it is always to us according to our faith. It does not matter how you enter – you may enter sick, barren, depressed, poor, sinful, oppressed – your absolute, total faith in God guarantees a turnaround.
WHAT FAITH IS ALL ABOUT
1. Faith is the master key to a world of unlimited possibilities, according to Mark 9:23. Faith has unlimited power to clear every barrier on our path to God’s plan and that’s why Paul advised Timothy to, “fight the good fight of faith that you may lay hold on eternal life.” If you do not fight, you cannot experience eternal life, superior life or enviable life (Ephesians 6:16). A critical look at these faith scriptures reveals that there is no mountain anywhere, as any man’s ignorance of the power of faith is the reason behind the mountains in their lives.
There is neither an irreversible nor a late case with faith because the realm of faith is the realm of God. How? Well, with God all things are possible and if any believes – that is, has faith – all things are possible (Mark10:27,Mark 9:23).
2. Faith takes full spiritual responsibility in the light of scriptures, thereby committing God’s integrity to perform. There is something that man must do for God to do something. In Deuteronomy 28:1-13, God shows us that He wants to put us above all the nations of the world…He wants us to lend to them…He wants all round fruitfulness for us. But He said for these things to come to pass, we must harken diligently to the His voice, to observe and to do. Now there are two things there: a) faith will hear what God says, for it comes by hearing and hearing the word of God , and b) faith will accept responsibility to gain understanding of the word, up to the point of seeing (Isaiah 2:1), and putting that understanding and or sight to practice. Doing in this case involves taking steps because faith without works (steps in line with your belief) is dead. So invest in building faith; keep hearing the word, to the point where you understand. And how do you know that you have understood the word of God concerning a particular area? When you experience a positive change in that area. Even when you have experienced that change and you need a better change, you keep hearing the word. You have to get to the point of faith where barriers are levelled out.
When the Ethiopian eunuch understood what he had read, by Philip’s help, he said, “here is water”, desiring to be baptized. Salvation came to him at the point of understanding. He had his rescue, his breakthrough, his testimony at the point of understanding. We grow from faith to faith when understanding is gotten and when we move from faith to faith, our glorious testimony keeps increasing.
WHY VIOLENT FAITH?
The enemy will always resist God’s plan for us, as 1st Corinthian 16:9 illustrates. Satan will never fold his hands and allow good to be happening in your life. The reason why many people are being resisted when it comes to fruitfulness of the womb is because Satan knows a great child is about to come. So, when you suffer rejection, delay, denial understand that you are in a fight, and be battle-ready.
Life itself is a battlefield, not funfare because everyone is fighting battles in different areas of life, and the battle begins the moment you arrive on the earth, via your mother’s womb. So if you are called a winner without engaging in a fight you are a comedian, not a true winner because winners emerge out of contests. This is why God put the lion nature in us, His children, to enable us fight the good fight. So we are lions, even if for some, that nature is dormant or passive. However, whether passive or not, our faith needs to be stirred up at all times, using some special brands of wine.
Because you are a spiritual lion, you need a spiritual wine to rouse you up. It takes the red wine of the Spirit to turn loose the lionic nature inside of us- Genesis 49:9-12
TYPES OF WINE
1. The prayer wine: This is the type of prayer that you engage in, like a drunk after the order of Hannah in 1st Samuel 1:9-12. This type of prayer takes no consideration of the people around. A time came when Jesus was so drunken with the prayer wine that sweat like blood came out of His body (Luke22:24). Any prayer that does not move you cannot move God. Elijah had to put his head between his knee during one prayer session, totally oblivious of what was happening around him. That is the prayer of lions…that is a prayer that will make the lion to dominate his territory.
2. The testimony wine: Testimony here refers to the testimony of Jesus, the scriptures and the testimonies in our lives and that of others. These will trigger you to believe that if God has done it for one, particular someone you know and can relate to, He can do it for you. This was what triggered the faith in David, to face Goliath. David connected with his testimony about how God helped him bring down the lion and the bear.
CHARACTERISTICS OF VIOLENT FAITH
One major characteristic of violent faith is boldness in action and speech, drawing confidence in the Lord. In Acts14:3 they were speaking boldly about what they believed, in spite of mockers. People may say that you are proud when you speak boldly but that should not deter you because the word of God encourages us to make our boast in the Lord (Psalm 34:2). So whatever you want or do not want say it openly, make your boast in God, so as to be boosted by Him.
To be fruitful means to increase, enlarge, break through and multiply. Fruitfulness also means to have abundance to show for your efforts and your labour (Psalms 1:2-3).
HOW DO WE COME ABOUT FRUITFULNESS?
1. We are created fruitful. The fruitful God cannot have barren children because like begets like. Can God be barren? If the answer is ‘no’, it means you too cannot be barren. So if you are not seeing that fruitfulness in your body, life or the works of your hands, an enemy has done it. Remember, while men slept, the enemy sowed tares. – Genesis 1:28.
2. By covenant, we are fruitful (Hebrews 7:14)
3. By redemption your fruitfulness is guaranteed. In Galatian 3:13, Jesus took every curse from us, replacing them with blessings, of which fruitfulness is a part. So as a believer, you are entitled to the blessings of fruitfulness.
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE FRUITFUL
1. Be planted in the house of God as a His child (Psalm 92:10-13): Refuse to be a mobile believer or to play truancy with your salvation. Remain with God because it is foolhardy to try and get whatever from outside of Him. There is nothing too difficult for God so, be planted.
2. Serve God because when you do, you are not permitted to be barren in any department of life, as Exodus 23:25-26 shows.
3. Joy and rejoicing (Psalm 67:1-7): The prove of your joy is your praise, your laughter and your smiling. Freezing your is actually tantamount to freezing your fruitfulness. Remember, Hannah had to change her sad countenance for her desired change to materialise.
Remain Ever Blessed!!!! Jesus is Lord.!!!!!