Engaging the Power of Prayer and Fasting for Supernatural Breakthroughs –part 4
by Pst Isaac Folaji on 26 Jan 2020
WHAT TO DO TO TAKE DELIVERY OF ANSWERS TO OUR PRAYERS
“O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come- Psalm 65:2”
Praying without receiving answers can be very frustrating because answers validate prayers. That is why we must know what to do after we have prayed, in order to receive answers. There are covenant steps which every individual that wants to see answers must align with because God is no respecter of persons.
WHAT TO DO
- Mind what you think. Proverbs 4:23 says we should keep our hearts with all diligence, in other words, guard your heart, screen your thoughts. You are completely responsible for, and in charge of what and how you think. This means that you have the power to say “no” to any line of thought, and introduce beautiful and meaningful thoughts. The same Proverbs 4:23 also says that the issues of life – including answers to prayers – proceed from our hearts. So do not allow any thought contrary to the answers you desire and expect, to stay in your mind. For example, if you have prayed for healing, do not let your thoughts dwell on sickness, death or alternatives to your expected desire. If you prayed for a miracle marriage, think about what the wedding day will be like and how you and your spouse will experience Shiloh 2020 together. So entertain thoughts that go with your desires because the mind is the battlefield of life. When you lose it in the mind, you lose it in the physical. Thoughts are so powerful that the Bible calls them strongholds (2nd Corinthians 10: 3-5). Satan cannot do anything without your mind, that is why he plants mind-corrupting thoughts in order to rob people of their blessings. You cannot be thinking obstacles and experience miracles, you cannot be thinking poverty and experience prosperity. Henceforth, be the immigration officer of your mind, determining what stays and what goes.
(2). Mind what you say: What you say while praying matters, but much more important is what you say after leaving the prayer room. If, according to Proverbs 18:21, the power of life and death is in the tongue, it follows that the tongue also has power to determine success and failure, sickness and health, and so on. Words are so powerful that someone can use negative ones to nullify all the efforts of the twenty-one day fast. The Bible advices us never to destroy the works of our hands by saying negative thing before angels, God’s answer-bearing messengers of honour (Ecclesiastes 5:6). This is so because when they come with your answers and hear you making statements like, “this Nigeria is so tight; everything is just up and down…”business na so so,” they return with them because such utterances show that one is seriously faith-deficient. So, keep declaring your answers and if people ask you how things are going, tell them God has done it.
(3). Mind your steps or action: You have prayed well, you are thinking and speaking well but, mind your actions. 1st Samuel 2:3 tells us that Jehovah is a God of knowledge, by whom actions are weighed so let your actions be in line of what you have believed God for. After Hannah prayed and the prophet declared the word, her countenance was no more sad and she wiped away her tears, in line with what she had prayed for (1st Samuel 1:17-20). There is this testimony about a sister who had prayed about a husband and afterwards, went to take pictures in a hired wedding dress. She put the pictures in her house and started thanking God for the miracle marriage. Shortly after that, her husband surfaced and she is gloriously married today. The actions and steps you take after you have prayed matter a lot.
(4). Continue to give thanks for your answers: Hebrew 10:36 says the promise will come, after you have done the will of God and that will, according to 1st Thessalonians 5:18 is to give thanks to God. Turn your prayer requests to prayers of thanksgiving.
(5). Refuse to give up on any of the four above: Keep monitoring your thoughts, keep watching your words, keep taking steps of action and keep giving thanks to God. Hebrews 6:12,15 says we should avoid slothfulness – carelessness, slackness – and follow those who, through faith and patience, have inherited the promises.
As you do all these, you join the growing list of those who have obtained answers.
WHAT IS IMPARTATION?
Impartation is the transference or replication of a grace or the Spirit of God upon a certain vessel, on others. It means the same power and ability at work in one person being duplicated upon those who receive it. 1 Corinthians 15: 10 makes it quite clear that no one can be greater than the spirit or grace of at work in them.
It is possible for the spirit upon one person to be duplicated upon another (Philippians 1:7, 2nd Kings 2:9, Numbers 11: 17). It is not enough to be around the person or place, you have to catch the spirit and when you do, everything that answers to the person will answer to you. When you become a partaker of the spirit you are entitled to enjoy every spiritual investment and product of what the carrier has collected.
Grace is the cure to every form of disgrace in life and one of the graces at work in this Commission is the Spirit of faith and this is the Spirit which makes people to break limits because it causes them to have good report in all areas of life (2nd Corinthians 4:13, Jude 1:3).
Some of the characteristics of the spirit of faith include:
a) The Spirit of faith is a seeing force which sees the invisible to command the incredible. It makes you see victory in the midst of defeat. Faith sees the Word, not the circumstance ( Hebrews 11: 27).
b) The Spirit of faith is a speaking force which makes you speak desires, instead of reality (What you say is a product of what you see, according to Acts 4:20 and that is why the spirit of faith makes you see things differently, so you can speak accordingly. The Spirit of will always declare what the Word says and not what the physical eyes see (Mark 11: 23, Proverbs 18:21, 2 Corinthians 4:13).
BIBLICAL PROCESSES FOR TRANSFERENCE OF SPIRIT
- Receive the person of the prophet (Matthew 10: 41): The grace or Spirit upon a prophet or a man of God that you do not receive, cannot collect to you .
- Believe his ministry: Believe to the point of trust, at which point the grace the prophet carries will be transferred to you.You cannot prosper by the Ministry of a prophet you don’t believe-2Chronicles 20:20.
- Crave for what he carries (2nd Kings 2:9).
- Engage in a soul-tie with the carrier 2nd Kings 2: 2, 4, 6): Engage to a point where you become a son or a daughter to the man of God. Graces are ultimately transferred stress-freely to those who engage in a soul-tie. Until you relate to your man of God as a father, the inheritance and the fulness of grace that he carries may not drop for you (John 5 :19, Proverbs 27:19)
Impartation can be achieved through the MANTLE, which is a spiritual medium of transference (Psalm 133:2, Acts 19:11-12).
Remain Ever Blessed!!! Jesus is Lord!!!