ENGAGING BIBLICAL WISDOM FOR SETTLEMENT
“Therefore, whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock-Matthew 7:24-25”
Wisdom is putting the word to work in all areas of our lives. There are four kinds of wisdom: Earthly wisdom, sensual wisdom, Diabolical wisdom and Supernatural wisdom, but supernatural wisdom is the only wisdom that comes from God and is above every other type of wisdom. We need wisdom from above to enjoy settlement in any area of life.
Settlement means the end of suffering in form of conflicts, crisis, agitations, weakness or turbulence. When settlement is in place, hardships will cease. God’s Word, which is the custodian of His Wisdom, elucidates that suffering and challenges in life generally should not be protracted. In 1 Peter 5: 10, the Bible states that after suffering for a while, God will restore, strengthen and establish us. This means that no affliction is supposed to remain beyond a short period, and that any such lingering suffering has in fact expired.
As children of God, we have several entitlements in redemption as provided in Revelations 5:12. These are: power, riches, wisdom, strength, honor, glory and blessings. Specifically, we have access to God’s wisdom which insures us against poverty and financial unsettlement. Jesus Christ’s death secured these blessings, and so no child of God should suffer financial lack. The world is preoccupied with the frantic search for money as enunciated in Ecclesiastes 10:19. When the wisdom of God is in place, wealth is the inevitable outcome and as children of God when God’s wisdom speaks, it is wise to pay attention.
GUIDELINES TO SETTLEMENT
- We Must Become Born Again and Remain So. Any person who is not born again is under the government of Satan. Satan is unsettled, as he himself affirmed in Job 2: 2. Anyone under him cannot enjoy true rest, peace or settlement, but will rather experience fighting and ceaseless conflicts with demons, self and even God. On the other hand, Jesus is the peace of the world. Therefore a call to be saved is a call to live a settled life. And when you are born again, you maintain your redemption by doing the work of righteousness: Isaiah 32:17.
- Be Committed to Building Your Faith against all Satanic Interferences. Faith is the gateway to settlement in life and there is rest to God’s people who have faith: Hebrews 4:9 -11. Walking out of faith amounts to electing to live a life of unrest and unsettlement. Note that faith is not to be assumed, but deliberately built up to overcome the satanic interference of unsettlement Romans 10:17. Build up your faith to counter your challenges in life, whether in health, marriage or career: Ephesians 6: 16. Believe in your heart and say it with your mouth.
- Settle down with the Word of God.: You cannot be settled outside of God’s word. It is the settled word that settles people in life. It takes access to the settled word to be settled .-Psalm 119:89, Matthew 7:24-25.
- Be Committed to Being in Church: Psalm 91:1. The house of God is the place of peace and settlement. During times of trouble, do not run from the house of God, but rather run to His house, which is His habitation: Psalm 132: 13-16. God has covenanted to supply the needs of everyone in church, so you have to be present both in church and at home cells.
- Enter into a covenant to keep serving God and the interest of His kingdom as our new lifestyle: You shall never lack any good thing as long as you keep serving God (2 Chronicles 15: 3-15; Luke 11: 23; Psalm 34: 10. Exodus 23:25-26)
HOW TO BE FINANCIALLY SETTLED
The Bible enlightens about the importance of money in its assertion that money answers all things: Ecclesiastes 10:19. Many arguments in families arise either due to lack of money. It is important for believers to be adequately informed about money matters in order to avoid struggling as unbelievers do. Understand how to make money, spend it wisely, and especially learn to sow money to earn the best rewards.
- Making money. Many only know how to spend money, but not how to generate it. Poverty is an indication of man’s inability to solve problems: Matthew 25: 16-29. You must learn to position yourself to solve problems and to be paid for doing so. Money flows into the hands of those who are trading solutions: Matthew 25: 15-18. In order to guarantee access to money, identify problems around you and solve them. No educational certificate solves problems; it is what you do with your certificate that may solve a problem. To have money consistently, you must be continuously engaged in solving problems. Identify your dominant skill and perfect it. Examine the needs of people around you, and work at satisfying them.
- Spending money. Your spending habits reveal your character, priorities and beliefs. The focus and spending habits of financially stable people is different from others who are less settled. A man who spends all he has is a waster: Proverbs 12:9; Proverbs 21: 20
- Sowing money. You must learn to become a smart spiritual financial farmer: Luke 6:38. Giving is God’s nature, so your giving reveals God’s nature in you and your love of Him: John 3:16. Being a sower is a sign that money is your servant. When you refuse to sow however, it means that money is your master – stingy people are slaves of money. In order to secure your financial settlement, master the art of giving. Sow sacrificially and tirelessly, understanding that your gifts are not leaving your life, but will return to you in a multiplied fold: Galatians 6: 8. If you are not a giver today, you have cause to be concerned about your future, according to the divine law of sowing and reaping. Money is both a weapon and a seed; therefore sow it and reap life. Do not merely accumulate wealth, but rather use it to help humanity. If you love giving, you will have a settled financial future.
WISDOM FOR SINGLES
Just as the case with finances, God’s Wisdom includes marital settlement. The scriptures in 1 Corinthians 7: 2 assure that there is a woman for every man and this wisdom of God for every believer’s marital settlement supersedes events of life.
Biblical Requirements for Marital Settlement
- Believe that there is a divine allocation of a spouse to you, despite contrary national censuses which indicate that women are more than men: Genesis 1: 27; Proverbs 23: 7. Believing these physical results over God’s assurances, and accepting that men are scarce, will hinder you from receiving God’s divine provision of a miracle spouse. For as a man thinks in his heart, so is he. Settle for the best.
- Fight the fight of faith to take your portion. Do not concern yourself with how few or many men there are; just believe that you will have your own spouse: Ephesians 6:16. When faith appears every spell disappears, so build up your faith on the subject of marriage. Ignore men’s utterances and focus on hearing God’s Word, while taking steps of faith toward fulfilment of that Word.
- Beware of pride. Although marriage is honorable, no one seeks honor without humility: Proverbs 15:33. Do not look down on people. Rather identify the essential requirements for marriage, find out the God-factor in a prospective candidate and determine if they have good character, virtues, vision and industry. These are the elements that should inform the choice of a marriage partner. You must see with the eyes of the spirit, and this is why you have to be spiritual.
- Never marry an unbeliever: 2 Corinthians 6:14. Sometimes it is better to be single and happy than married and miserable. Position yourself to get married to someone of your own level. Single women should not become so desperate that they get married to a compromised choice. Do not marry a lazy person or a narcissist, or a man who is completely self-absorbed. Do not get married to an abuser who is hot-tempered or threatens to beat you up. Avoid a control freak who is obsessed with controlling you because of his insecurities, who speaks carelessly to you, prevents you from expressing yourself, curtails your freedom, or monitors your life. All of these are warning signs.
WISDOM FOR THE MARRIED – Proverbs 13:10
Settlement in marriage means the end of conflicts and disagreements and living in peace with your spouse. A major source of unsettlement in many homes is pride. Pride is Satan’s nature, and is stealthy, like a serpent. If you want to enjoy peace in your home, embrace humility. To be humble means to have the forgiving and forgetting qualities of a child: 1 Corinthians 14:20; Matthew 18:4. On the other hand, pride has a good memory for storing and recollecting bad things. If you cannot say “I am sorry” to your spouse, you are proud. Pride includes being inflexible, unyielding, unbending, and incorrigible.
How do men demonstrate pride?
Men can demonstrate pride by refusal to eat food prepared by spouse, moving out of the bedroom at the slightest disagreement, being unapologetic when wrong and always wanting to have their way. Arguing relentlessly, ingratitude, dishonor or disrespect to wife and speaking rudely to her are other signals of pride in men. A man should have a mentor, someone to submit to and respect, who can act as a mediator in marital challenges.
Try not to be the all-knowing type, read books on marriage and attend marriage counselling classes to enhance your knowledge about the subject.
How do women demonstrate pride?
Added to the above, women can also show pride by living independently of their husband. They do this by doing things their own way and wanting to be leader and spokesperson of the family, without the husband’s permission. A proud woman will also want to question her husband’s decision in public.
How to become Meek: You can become meek by learning any of the following characteristics: become humble like a child; quickly forgive and forget wrongs; you can change your mind on issues; appreciate others; and embrace God’s Word; As a man, you love your wife; as a woman, you submit to your husband and you respond positively to God’s Word.
- There shall be no more ups and downs in your walk with God.
- An end has come to every form of secret tears of sorrow in your life.
- Every yoke of unsettlement in your life is totally destroyed.
- The tension in your home clears off today.
- The battle over your life and family is finally over.
- Every negative medical verdict against your sound health is finally settled in your favour today.
- Everything resisting your going forward is cleared off today.
- Your challenged career and business is settled today.
- This week shall be your week of harvest of Settlement testimonies.
- Those who favour God’s agenda never run out of favour- Psalm 102:13-15.
- The dominion of light over darkness is instant and unquestionable- John 1:5..
- It takes the key of sacrifice to gain access into the realm of sweatless success – Psalm 126:5-6.
- Life is not designed for struggles, it is designed for fulfilment- Jeremiah 29:11.
- You are never a fool following God, you only become full- Psalm 92:13-14.
– Pastor Isaac O. Folaji