Commanding Signs and Wonders from the platform of a Revival
“Behold, I and the children whom the Lord hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the Lord of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion”-Isaiah 8:18
God is a God of times and seasons and there is a time for everything (Ecclesiastes 3:1). The middle-of-the-year period (June and July) is the season of revival. Habakkuk 3:2 is a passionate prayer for God to “revive Thy work in the midst of the years”, and connotes a period in which God revives souls and/or destinies.
“Revival” means God restoring back to life something that is dying, and will entail His invigorating the spiritual lives of believers. It is awakening from spiritual slumber, or a quickening from spiritual coma. It means coming back to full life in the spiritual. We are in a season during which God is set to restore dying spiritual lives, and this is the precursor to major turnarounds. It is a period of the unleashing of God’s power, and distribution of His mercies. The wonders of revival and the magnificence of God at such times are expatiated in Habakkuk 3:2-19.
Spiritual strength is an absolute requirement to overcome the wicked who only comprehend the language of power (Psalm 66:3). Without this power operating in a believer’s life, Satan will have free reign, regardless of certifications, titles or other accomplishments that such believer might have (Psalm 63:2). As a believer, signs and wonders accompany you naturally. We command spiritual strength and marvelous signs from the platform of revival.
During a revival, God releases His power through His Word (Psalm 107:20). God’s Word has healing power; it is medicinal and unmatched by any human medication (Proverbs 4:22; Luke 5:17). His Word is surgical and repairs (Genesis 2: 21-22; Hebrews 4:12). God’s Word creates beautiful things (Genesis 1:31). His Word liberates and delivers from every works of Satan (Psalm 105:19). Obstacles and difficulties in business or career are removed by the power of God. His power terminates struggles for accomplishments. All these are the wonders and the treasures of revival. We have the assurance that this month will deliver answers to long-standing issues which have defied solutions so far.
Biblical accounts indicate that when revival started in the early church, the Christians lacked nothing because all their needs were met. On the other hand, the apparent lack in modern Christianity is because people have reversed the order: rather than seek God, believers are preoccupied with searching for material things while abandoning the One who is capable of meeting those needs (Haggai 2:8). A sure sign of revival is that hearts of men pant after God, and God becomes eager to be available for them because He assures that when we draw near to Him, He will reciprocate. In order to maximize the revival season, it is important to guard your heart because it determines the course of life (Proverbs 4:23). Desperately seek God, and He will be present and provide you with every conceivable material, financial, emotional, business, and professional need (Acts 4:33; Acts 16:25-26; 2 Chronicles 15:2; Psalm 122:1; James 4:8).
What is a Revival?
- It is a platform for signs, wonders and diverse miracles and a season of spiritual awakening that causes the giant in us to rise. Acts 3:6-16; Eze 37:4-10.
- It a platform for divine visitation that is ordained for our supernatural change of levels. It is God coming down in the midst of men to revive our souls, and re-ignite our spiritual lives, because in Him we live, move, and have our being (Acts 17:28). This means that outside of Him there is no life. God’s presence in our midst causes momentous things and wonderful occurrences that cannot be explained physically (Zephaniah 3:17; Genesis 50:24). Every time God visits a person, every unwanted situation of life is terminated. When God visited Sarah He brought her out of barrenness and into fruitfulness even though she had long attained menopause (Romans 4:19; Genesis 21:1-7).
We must therefore be alert and on fire to optimize this season by being awake spiritually. (Genesis 28:16). (Proverbs 6:27; Matthew 13:25).
Three Key Demands of a Revival
As described in Zechariah 10:1, a revival is the season of rain. Provisions from God are always available, but they have to be demanded through the following channels:
- Prayers: Although the season is declared a time of abundance, you must demand for it through prayer. Prayer is the only evidence of your involvement in this revival season. It is one of the avenues to maintain a revived spirit mind that is constantly afire. But if your prayer life is low, you will end up in a spiritual coma (Luke 18:1). Do not expect wonders to happen if you are not in the revival mode. With prayers, you are afire and become a commander of signs, and your security from Satanic invasions is assured. Engulf yourself in prayers, day and night, and pray in the spirit. Your prayers should not be religious but kingdom-focused, God-seeking prayers which are evidence that your heart is panting after God. Believers who do not like to pray, or who are content with minimal church attendance are showing signs of spiritual apathy. When a believer does not pray, they have no power to control things in the physical realm.
- Seek God with all Your Heart: When your heart pants after God, every house becomes a home cell. The early church was not satisfied with meeting with God on Sabbath days alone; they carried the church to their homes daily. These are the marks of revival (Acts 2:46). Your house should be a home cell centre or an active operator in a centre. A revived soul cannot survive one week without fellowship.
- Soul-winning: Revival is a season of massive in-gathering of souls (Psalm 42:1). From Biblical accounts, when the Holy Ghost came down, three thousand people were added to the church, and again five thousand were later added. The foundation of empowerment to command the supernatural is zeal for Christ (Mark 16:15-17). Christ commanded us to go out into the whole world and preach the gospel to every creature, and also assured that wondrous events would take place in the process. These would include diverse healings, authority over devils, and immunity to harmful things ingested (Luke 9:1-3; Matt.10: 1-3). Therefore, do not be a spectator in this revival season. Note that your past service in the Kingdom does not count with God. It is what you do presently that matters with God. For instance, Solomon walked with God for twenty years, but when he stopped, God turned His back on him. Saul walked with God for forty years, but the day he stopped, God stopped. Similarly, King Uzziah walked with God for fifty-two years, but God turned His back on him on the day he stopped because an unfruitful branch is cut off (John. 15: 2).
Benefits of Revival
- Change of levels. Jeremiah 30:19
- A revived soul enjoys redemptive dignity
- Every believer enjoys signs and wonders at will
- We are immune from all sicknesses.
Healing and Deliverance
In Revival, God releases His power through His Word which results in healings and diverse manifestation of signs and wonders. As we received and act on the Word, our healing and deliverance is assured (Psalm 107:20). The healing virtue in the Word is released through four main dimensions or channels.
- God’s word is medicinal: God’s power always accompany His word. The word heals and cures- (Matthew 8:8-10,13, Proverbs 4:20-22, Luke 5:17, Matthew 4:23.)
- God’s word is surgical: The word repairs any damaged part of our body. God is still carrying out surgical operation by His word. God’s word has power to repair any damaged part of the body-( Hebrews 4:12, Genesis 2:21-22, Malachi 3:6, John 1:1)
- God’s word is creative: Whatever has been over damaged in our body, God’s word replaces any irreparable parts of our body – Genesis 1:3,5.
- God’s word delivers: The word liberates from all oppression of the devil- Acts 10:38.
In conclusion, as you are passionately on the go for Jesus, you will continue to enjoy Signs and wonders naturally in all areas of your life.
Remain Ever Blessed!!! Jesus is Lord!!!
- From today, sickness and disease will not be mentioned in your family anymore .
- Every dead and dying department of your life shall bounce back to life this month
- This month, you shall have reason to shout aloud for joy
- Every fruit and treasure that God has packaged for this season shall not be missing in your family
- This season, you are walking upon your high places
- Your days of staying in the valley are finally declared over from today
- The siege over your health is finally over.
- Your days of being molested by powers of darkness are finally over
- Today marks the beginning of your all-round liberty.
- Every genuine lover of God is ordained a Sign and wonder to his world-1 Corinthians 2:9.
- When you are on the go for Christ, you are empowered to command the supernatural naturally-Luke 10:1-8.
- The prayer altar is the factory of Signs and wonders-Acts 4:24-30.
- You cannot have a heart for God and not have time for Him – Proverbs 23:26.
- You are never a fool following God, you only become full-Psalm 92:13-14.